Plan Ahead and Select the Best Charcoal for Your Holiday Season BarbecueOctober 7, 2019
The holidays are just around the corner, and with it comes the inevitable cooking that the holiday season demands. One of the most popular foodstuff served during the holidays – and the easiest to prepare – are roasts and barbecues. While some people have gotten used to the idea of roasting or barbecuing food in their gas or electric ovens, everybody knows nothing beats good old-fashioned charcoal or wood-fire cooking.
Holiday food is meant to be savoured, shared, and celebrated, that is why people get together to prepare proper home-cooked meals during the holiday season. If you are feeling adventurously festive this holiday season, and you want to plan ahead for your holiday season barbecue, then make sure you select the best charcoal.
Choosing the Right Kind of Charcoal for Holiday Barbecue
The best way to plan ahead for an old-fashioned holiday season barbecue gathering with family and friends is to make sure that you choose the best charcoal available. People who love barbecues will be familiar with charcoal, but not everyone knows that there are different types of charcoal available, and that each one has certain advantages that can help to improve the cooking efficiency and flavour of whatever food is being prepared.
If you are thinking about having a holiday season barbecue, then you had better plan ahead to make sure everything goes as planned, by choosing the right type of charcoal you’re going to use. It’s always a good idea to buy charcoal in bulk for barbecues, since it is always better to have more than you need rather than run out mid-way into your party.
Here are two of the most popular charcoal options you can choose from for your barbecue:
• Lump charcoal – lump charcoal is considered the purist’s charcoal. It comprises large chunks of charcoal made from choice hardwoods, such as mallee root and mangrove woods, which are aromatic hardwoods. Quality lump charcoal is known to impart a unique flavour profile to everything cooked in it. It is also renowned for being slow-burning, and for being able to provide temperatures high enough to give perfect sear and thorough cooking every time.
• Charcoal briquettes – charcoal briquettes are ‘reconstituted’ charcoal fining and dust that have been made into uniform pucks, balls, or discs. These are more affordable than lump charcoal and are known for even burning, consistent temperatures, and a clean, smokeless burn. Although they do not provide the same complimentary aroma on food as does lump charcoal, fires are easy to start and provide a very consistent burn.
You can find mallee root and mangrove lump charcoal, as well as Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes, at John Tiras.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Plan Ahead and Select the Best Charcoal for Your Holiday Season Barbecue
- Why Should You Not Settle for Cheap Charcoal for Barbecuing?
- Hosting an Unexpected Backyard Barbecue? Heat Bead BBQ Briquettes Will Come in Handy
- Heat Bead BBQ Briquettes with Heat Bead BBQ Chimney: What Makes Them a Perfect Pair?
- FAQ: How Much Charcoal Does One Need When Spit Roasting?
- Finding the Best Firewood in Australia During Winter Season
- Why is Lump Charcoal Best for a Winter Barbecue?
- The Importance of Quality Charcoal Products to Barbecue Businesses in Australia
- Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes: Ideal for Both Spit and Kettle Roast
- Other Uses of Charcoal Briquettes besides Grilling
- Wrong Firewood: A Mistake You Might be Committing When Lighting a Fireplace
- Charcoal vs. Gas Grilling: Are There Differences in Taste?
- Top Quality Mallee Root and Mangrove Charcoal for Competitive BBQ in Australia
- Mangrove or Mallee Root Charcoal: Best Choices for Your Autumn Barbecue Feast
- Grilling Directly to Charcoal: What are the Common Mistakes that You Need to Avoid?
- Essential Attributes of a Good Firewood
- Lump Charcoal: How It Really Enhances Food Flavor in BBQ
- Can You Light Up a Wet Redgum Firewood? What to Do?
- Start the New Year with a Barbeque and Spit Roast Feast Using Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal
- Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal? Choosing the Right One for Your Backyard Barbeque
- FAQ: Can You Use Red Gum Firewood for Grilling?
- View all articles…
- Usage Tips for Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal Ovens
- Benefits of Using Red Gum Firewood for your Pizza Oven
- View all articles…