How to Pick the Right Firewood for a Clean Long Lasting BurningApril 26, 2017
If you are in search of firewood that is perfect for indoor fireplaces, or for outdoor camping and grilling, firewood that has a long lasting and clean burn, then you are not alone. Most people don’t give much consideration to the type of firewood they buy, only judging it after they’ve used it whether it was ‘good’ wood or not. Thankfully, there is a way you can pick the right firewood for clean long lasting burning, before you buy it.
It’s true, not all wood has the same characteristics when it burns, and some firewood produces more smoke than others, and doesn’t burn as long. There are various qualities and types of firewood available, and understanding the difference between these will help you pick the right firewood.
How to Pick the Right Firewood that has Long Lasting Clean Burn
Basically, there is softwood and hardwood, and light colour and dark colour firewood with various qualities. Typically, light colour firewood burns easily compared to dark wood, but do put off more smoke. Most light colour firewood sold is softwood, and darker wood is typically hardwood, and burns longer and cleaner, making it ideal for both indoor fireplaces, or outdoor grilling. Although, there is high quality light colour kindling that burns cleaner than some lower grade dark wood.
The truly best way to determine what is the right firewood to use is a personal choice from experience trying firewood from suppliers that carry consistent quality of firewood, such as John Tiras – a premier charcoal and firewood wholesaler and retailer.
John Tiras has the Right Firewood for Clean Long Lasting Burning
At John Tiras, you will find consistent quality and ready-to-use kindling and firewood, such as Red Gum fire wood which is a dark wood that burns clean and is long lasting – perfect for indoor fireplaces or outdoor grilling. All wood is obtained locally from sustainable areas in Victoria, chopped, packaged, and ready-to-use, making it as convenient as possible for our private and commercial customers.
While you are looking for the right firewood that is long lasting and burns clean, why not also pick up some charcoal, Heat Beads BBQ briquettes, and Heat Beads Firelighters for your next family BBQ get together.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Heat Bead BBQ Briquettes with Heat Bead BBQ Chimney: What Makes Them a Perfect Pair?
- FAQ: How Much Charcoal Does One Need When Spit Roasting?
- Finding the Best Firewood in Australia During Winter Season
- Why is Lump Charcoal Best for a Winter Barbecue?
- The Importance of Quality Charcoal Products to Barbecue Businesses in Australia
- Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes: Ideal for Both Spit and Kettle Roast
- Other Uses of Charcoal Briquettes besides Grilling
- Wrong Firewood: A Mistake You Might be Committing When Lighting a Fireplace
- Charcoal vs. Gas Grilling: Are There Differences in Taste?
- Top Quality Mallee Root and Mangrove Charcoal for Competitive BBQ in Australia
- Mangrove or Mallee Root Charcoal: Best Choices for Your Autumn Barbecue Feast
- Grilling Directly to Charcoal: What are the Common Mistakes that You Need to Avoid?
- Essential Attributes of a Good Firewood
- Lump Charcoal: How It Really Enhances Food Flavor in BBQ
- Can You Light Up a Wet Redgum Firewood? What to Do?
- Start the New Year with a Barbeque and Spit Roast Feast Using Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal
- Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal? Choosing the Right One for Your Backyard Barbeque
- FAQ: Can You Use Red Gum Firewood for Grilling?
- View all articles…
- Usage Tips for Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal Ovens
- Benefits of Using Red Gum Firewood for your Pizza Oven
- View all articles…