Ensure Maximum Safety During a Summer Barbecue: Choose Quality CharcoalFebruary 28, 2020
One of the most popular summer activities here in Australia is barbecuing. This activity tends to connect family members or even friends while heating certain cuts of meat like ribs, pork shoulder, beef brisket, whole chicken, and many more.
The main source of heat in barbecuing does not entail the need to put the meat directly over the flames. Instead, meats that are being barbecued are placed above indirect heat, where the heat source comes from heated charcoal or wood. The use of charcoal or woods is necessary since they give off various smoky flavours to the meat that is being barbecued.
To enjoy your summer barbecue, you must ensure that safety precautionary measures are met. Here are some following safety tips that will make barbecuing more enjoyable while prioritising safety.
Conduct Regular Maintenance
Both grease and fat tend to accumulate and build-up on your grill whenever you use it for barbecuing. Without proper cleaning and maintenance, these two elements will just reside on your grill and can cause catastrophic flare-ups once you use your grill again. To avoid this from happening, you must clean and maintain your grill regularly so that your house will not unexpectedly get on fire.
Maintain Safety Distance
Barbecuing is mostly done in the backyard to ensure that the smoke will not trigger any alarms inside your home. However, your grill must be reasonably far away from some portions of your home like garages and porches to avoid any fire incidents. It must also not be used underneath wooden overhangs since some unwanted sparks could flare up the whole structure. Moreover, your grill must not be close to some decorations like hanging baskets, pillows, umbrellas, and other similar things.
Keep Safety Elements Close
Flare-ups can happen anytime. In case of a minor flare-up, a spray bottle of water must be close to you so that you can instantly spray it. A fire extinguisher must also be close to you so that you can extinguish a huge flare-up right away. You must, however, call the firefighters if you don’t know how to use a fire extinguisher to avoid wasting time.
Summer barbecuing will be more fun if you maintain safety measures within your property. Alongside these safety measures, you must also choose quality charcoals so that your food can have a smoky yet tasty flavour on it. To buy quality charcoals, you can contact us at John Tiras. We are the premier seller of the best charcoal and firewood here in Melbourne.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Debunking the Difference between Charcoal and Activated Charcoal
- Advantages and Common Uses of Red Gum Firewood
- How to Check for Quality When Buying Red Gum Firewood
- Spit Roasting: Choosing Between Lump Charcoal vs. BBQ Briquettes
- Disposable Roll and Hand Towels for Your Household Needs: Available at Charcoal Melbourne
- Lump Charcoal vs. Briquettes: Choose the Right One for Your Outdoor Barbecue Cooking
- Important Tips When Choosing Your Charcoal Supplier in Melbourne
- Reasons Why Your Firewood Choice Matter for Your Fireplace
- Kindling Fuel: The Essential Part of Making a Wood Fire
- Charcoal Grilling Guide 101
- Things You Need to Know About Redgum Firewood
- Lighting an Open Grill Barbecue Using Heat Beads Firelighters
- Factors to Consider When Looking for a Charcoal and Firewood Supplier
- Ensure Maximum Safety During a Summer Barbecue: Choose Quality Charcoal
- Grilling Tips When Choosing Charcoal
- Barbecuing Made Hassle-free with Heat Beads BBQ Starter
- Pointers to Consider When Barbecuing Using Lump Charcoal
- How to Pick the Right Charcoal Product for an Aussie Summer Barbecue
- Indirect Cooking Method Using Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes
- View all articles…
- Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal? Choosing the Right One for Your Backyard Barbeque
- FAQ: Can You Use Red Gum Firewood for Grilling?
- View all articles…
- Usage Tips for Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal Ovens
- Benefits of Using Red Gum Firewood for your Pizza Oven
- View all articles…