Flavourful Meat Smoking with Red Gum FirewoodJuly 11, 2017
Smoking was once the main way of preserving meat, but today, we now know that it is an ideal way to cook and flavour meat. To obtain the desired flavour, though, you must understand which type of firewood works best. While hickory wood is popular for this in some parts of the world, it is extremely expensive here in Australia since we have to import it. One of the local favourites in this country for flavourful meat smoking is red gum firewood.
Imparts a Strong Flavour
Similar to hickory, red gum imparts a strong flavour into the meat. We are not saying that it overwhelms the meat, though, it just gives a meat a pleasant smokiness that is your goal when you use a smoker with meat.
Burns Slowly and Produces a Moderate Amount of Smoke
Red gum ignites and burns slowly with a low flame. Both of these features make it ideal to use in a smoker along with the fact that it produces a moderate amount of smoke.
You Can Mix Red Gum with Other Types of Firewood
When the need arises, you can mix red gum with other types of firewood. Reasons that you may do this are to start the fire in a faster manner and to mix another flavour with the one red gum imparts to create unique results.
Inexpensive to Purchase
Since this wood is native to Australia, you can purchase it at an affordable price. Even in split logs, it is cheaper than imported hickory is for smoking.
Red Gum Is Ideal for Smoking a Variety of Meats
Another reason to use this wood in a smoker is that it complements a wide assortment of meats. You not only can smoke beef and poultry with it, but you also can use it on pork, lamb and wild game for favourable, flavourful results.
Tips on Smoking With Red Gum Firewood
- Be certain to use well-seasoned red gum
- Refuel the smoker when it is at optimum temperature to prevent smoulder
- Clean out your smoker after each use
- Keep a supply of this firewood on hand, so that you can smoke meat whenever the mood hits
Rely on John Tiras Pty. Ltd. for your supply of red gum firewood for your smoking needs. We strive to provide excellent customer service and quality products to all of our customers. Our company is committed to helping you locate your combustible products with as little hassle as possible. John Tiras services a wide assortment of customers ranging from families to wholesalers.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Mangrove or Mallee Root Charcoal: Best Choices for Your Autumn Barbecue Feast
- Grilling Directly to Charcoal: What are the Common Mistakes that You Need to Avoid?
- Essential Attributes of a Good Firewood
- Lump Charcoal: How It Really Enhances Food Flavor in BBQ
- Can You Light Up a Wet Redgum Firewood? What to Do?
- Start the New Year with a Barbeque and Spit Roast Feast Using Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal
- Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal? Choosing the Right One for Your Backyard Barbeque
- FAQ: Can You Use Red Gum Firewood for Grilling?
- View all articles…
- Usage Tips for Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal Ovens
- Benefits of Using Red Gum Firewood for your Pizza Oven
- View all articles…