Firepit Grilling: Reasons Why You Should Use The Best Quality CharcoalMay 23, 2017
Fire pits are a great way to stay warm while you enjoy spending time outside, but they are also effectively used for grilling food too. Firepit grilling is becoming popular again, and what makes it so appealing is that many people like their food cooked on fire, especially for cooking meat. An open flame helps give meat that dark, desirable golden brown crust and flavour people crave.
Cooking with fire appeals to most people, especially those who enjoy firepit grilling. Whether it is indoors or outdoors, over a fire pit or a fireplace, the type of fuel used while grilling matters a lot because it can affect the way food tastes.
Quality Charcoal is Best for Firepit Grilling
There are a few good reasons why you should use quality charcoal for firepit grilling, mainly, if you buy plain, basic, and cheap charcoal, these often have additives that when burned off negatively affect the taste of your food. Also, lower grade charcoals can become easily contaminated, if not stored properly moisture can get to them. Damp charcoal does not burn well, and can even grow mold,
Compared to quality charcoal formed into briquettes, cheap lump charcoal typically needs to be doused in lighter fluid to get it a fire started, this is not the case with high-quality Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes, these do not need lighter fluid to get them burning.
Reasons Why Quality Charcoal Briquettes are Best
There are some good reasons why you should always use quality charcoal for grilling, here are a few of them:
Easy to start a fire – quality charcoal like Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes are easy to start and do not require dowsing in lighter fluid, which can negatively affect the taste of your food.
Better storage life – compared to lump coal and cheap charcoal that easily attracts moisture and mold, if not properly stored, quality charcoal briquettes are moisture resistant and have a longer storage life.
Burns evenly throughout – efficient and reliable heat is vital for producing well-cooked food, especially during firepit grilling, that is why quality charcoal is advised. Unlike unevenly cooked food, which is a common result from grilling with lump coal and discount charcoal that doesn’t maintain the same heat throughout – it gets hot fast and cools even faster.
Any grilling cook that cares about the quality of their food doesn’t want additives and lighter fluid to negatively effecting the taste of their food, and to maintain consistent and reliable heat. That is why it is advised to use the best quality charcoal they can get that doesn’t need lighter fluid and burns consistently, throughout, such as Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Importance of Quality Charcoal Products to Barbecue Businesses in Australia
- Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes: Ideal for Both Spit and Kettle Roast
- Other Uses of Charcoal Briquettes besides Grilling
- Wrong Firewood: A Mistake You Might be Committing When Lighting a Fireplace
- Charcoal vs. Gas Grilling: Are There Differences in Taste?
- Top Quality Mallee Root and Mangrove Charcoal for Competitive BBQ in Australia
- Mangrove or Mallee Root Charcoal: Best Choices for Your Autumn Barbecue Feast
- Grilling Directly to Charcoal: What are the Common Mistakes that You Need to Avoid?
- Essential Attributes of a Good Firewood
- Lump Charcoal: How It Really Enhances Food Flavor in BBQ
- Can You Light Up a Wet Redgum Firewood? What to Do?
- Start the New Year with a Barbeque and Spit Roast Feast Using Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal
- Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal? Choosing the Right One for Your Backyard Barbeque
- FAQ: Can You Use Red Gum Firewood for Grilling?
- View all articles…
- Usage Tips for Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal Ovens
- Benefits of Using Red Gum Firewood for your Pizza Oven
- View all articles…