Why Using Charcoal Grill is Better than Gas and Electric GrillNovember 8, 2017
Many people still have this misconception that newer means better, and this probably explains why gas and electric grills have become popular over the recent years. This isn’t always the case however, and grilling masters can attest to it. In spite of these modern innovations, using charcoal is still better than gas and electric grills, for the following reasons:
1. Charcoal grills sear more efficiently.
Gas grills are only able to deliver temperatures in the 500°F range. Those that come with sear burners can go up to 900°F, but the surface is small and you are only able to seer 1-2 steaks at a time. Electric grills are usually unable to generate enough heat for searing – at all.
Fortunately for people who like to grill, charcoal grills easily reach the 900°F range which is needed for searing, also the wide surface allows you to sear multiple steaks at a time. Since charcoal gets hotter than gas and electric grills, they can give your meats a delicious crisp texture on the outside while still keeping them juicy and pinkish-red on the inside.
2. Charcoal grills add smoky flavour to food.
Food cooked quickly over charcoal grills such as hotdogs, burgers, or thin steaks may not benefit as much from these smoky flavours. But when it comes to roasting thick meats for prolonged periods, charcoal grills make a lot of difference on the final flavour profile – a quality that gas or electric grills are just unable to imitate.
3. Charcoal grills are cheap and cost-effective.
Charcoal grills are cheaper than gas and electric grills. Unlike electric grills which run on electrical power, charcoal grills are cheaper to maintain in the long run.
4. Using charcoal grills gives you a classic cooking experience.
It’s true that in some respects, gas and electric grills are more convenient to use, albeit lacking in functionality and versatility. However, the act of preparing the coal, stoking the fire, and getting the heat up to a desired temperature – a process that takes around 20 to 30 minutes – is what makes charcoal grills unique. Charcoal grilling provides an experience that people learn to appreciate, and that make food taste more flavourful, if you use the good quality charcoal.
Whether grilling food is a family past-time, or you have just discovered the benefits of charcoal grilling over gas and electric grills, you want to buy the best quality charcoal from John Tiras Pty Ltd. - premier charcoal retailer in Melbourne.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Importance of Quality Charcoal Products to Barbecue Businesses in Australia
- Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes: Ideal for Both Spit and Kettle Roast
- Other Uses of Charcoal Briquettes besides Grilling
- Wrong Firewood: A Mistake You Might be Committing When Lighting a Fireplace
- Charcoal vs. Gas Grilling: Are There Differences in Taste?
- Top Quality Mallee Root and Mangrove Charcoal for Competitive BBQ in Australia
- Mangrove or Mallee Root Charcoal: Best Choices for Your Autumn Barbecue Feast
- Grilling Directly to Charcoal: What are the Common Mistakes that You Need to Avoid?
- Essential Attributes of a Good Firewood
- Lump Charcoal: How It Really Enhances Food Flavor in BBQ
- Can You Light Up a Wet Redgum Firewood? What to Do?
- Start the New Year with a Barbeque and Spit Roast Feast Using Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal
- Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal? Choosing the Right One for Your Backyard Barbeque
- FAQ: Can You Use Red Gum Firewood for Grilling?
- View all articles…
- Usage Tips for Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal Ovens
- Benefits of Using Red Gum Firewood for your Pizza Oven
- View all articles…