Mallee Root Charcoal Lump: The Choice for Authentic Smokey Meat Flavour in BBQ RecipesMarch 29, 2018
One of the hallmarks of a good barbeque is the smoky flavour that comes with the entire process of grilling. While fast food has made it possible to imitate this flavour with things like liquid smoke or a select combination of herbs and spices, nothing beats the good old-fashioned smokiness that you get from using firewood or charcoal.
Of course, not all charcoals are made the same. Not only are they sourced from different types of wood, they will also possess different heating capacities and different flavour profiles. Simply put, different types of wood, and different types of charcoal, impart their own unique smokiness into a barbeque or roast.
Mallee root charcoal is just one of many types of specialty charcoals that give an extra-smoky profile to barbeques and roasts, while delivering long-lasting and reliable heat for that perfect, fire-grilled goodness that no alternative can beat. Derived from a species of eucalyptus, the charcoal made from this material is sourced from the underground lignotuber of the plant.
If you’re an avid barbeque fan, or if you enjoy the back-to-basics wonders of charcoal cooking, here are some of the advantages that Mallee charcoal has to provide:
- Superior flavour and aroma – Mallee charcoal provides superior flavour and aroma that makes steaks, barbequed dishes, and any other type of food taste all the better. Because it is a species of eucalyptus, its wood is permeated with volatile oils that are brought to the fore once it is turned into lump charcoal. This in turn is ‘activated’ by heat, and is imparted onto the dishes that are prepared on top of it. Unlike other charcoals, it adds a well-rounded, but slightly piquant note that is laced with a crisp freshness that goes well with most meat dishes.
- Even heat distribution – Mallee charcoal is derived from a hardwood. Hardwoods are notorious for providing high heat that lasts for a long time. These have their drawbacks however, since it can cause unnecessary or unwanted charring in barbeques. Although, since Mallee charcoal is sourced from the roots of the tree itself, it provides hot, but slow and even burning.
This characteristic is ideal for barbeque and grilling applications that don’t require fierce heat in order to facilitate cooking, without running the risk of accidentally burning or charring your food.
If you’re looking for an excellent resource for specialty charcoal and wood for any and all cooking applications, then visit John Tiras Pty Ltd.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Tips on How to Ignite Red Gum Firewood for Your Fireplace
- Best Charcoal Choices for Weekend Spit Roast
- Benefits of Using Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes
- Fuelling your Fireplace: Why Your Choice of Firewood Matters
- How Charcoal Can Affect the Taste of Your Barbeque
- Best Tips on Spit Roasting Using Redgum Firewood
- Most Popular Australian BBQ Meals that is Best Cooked in Lump Charcoal
- Mangrove Charcoal Wood and Burning Qualities
- Why People Like Barbecues: It's All About the Smokey Charcoal Flavor
- Red Gum Firewood for Wood Fired Ovens
- Red Gum Firewood for Campfire Cooking
- 5 Expert Grilling Tips for Barbecue Lovers
- Heat Beads BBQ Starter: Lighting Up Your BBQ Grill the Easy Way
- Mallee Root Charcoal Lump: The Choice for Authentic Smokey Meat Flavour in BBQ Recipes
- From Gas Barbecue Grill to Charcoal Grill: Why Should You Switch?
- Common Mistakes that People Make When Lighting Charcoals
- Sustainable Red Gum Firewood Supplier in Melbourne
- Tips in Lighting Charcoals without Lighter Fluid or Gas
- Qualities that Make Firelighters Safe to Use
- Usage Tips for Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal Ovens
- Benefits of Using Red Gum Firewood for your Pizza Oven
- View all articles…