5 Expert Grilling Tips for Barbecue LoversApril 24, 2018
There are many occasions throughout the year that gives barbecue lovers an excuse to fire-up their grills. Depending on the occasion, the choice of outdoor food can include just about anything, such as beef, pork, chicken, seafood, or vegetables. Australians love venturing outdoors to grill, and they are always looking for ways to do it better.
Listed below are 5 expert grilling tips for barbecue lovers to ensure the best results:
- Food preparation and safety – make sure to wash not only all the food you plan to grill, but also the plates and dishes used to hold your uncooked food. Don’t reuse plates for uncooked meats to place your freshly grilled foods, and for safety sake, and always keep a spray bottle within hands reach to spray water in case of flare-ups.
- Preparing for clean-up before your start grilling – the best grillers have learned to be prepared and will place aluminium foil inside their cooker before adding charcoal briquettes. Doing this makes it very easy to clean-up ash once you’ve finished barbecuing. Just make sure to poke some holes through the aluminium foil where it covers the opening holes in the bottom of your cooker to allow oxygen in.
- Choose the best fuel for your barbecue – choosing between charcoal and briquettes can be tricky for many people, as they perform differently depending on their quality and type. Depending on the type of food you are planning to grille, and the heat needed, if you choose to use charcoal to smoke or flavour your food, then consider either mallee root or mangrove charcoal that is locally sourced.
If you choose to use briquettes, then it is recommended to use high-quality Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes, as these are consistent in size, and provide a steady heat source – the most important aspect of grilling.
- BBQ Charcoal Starter Kit or Heat Beads Firelighters – once you have chosen the fuel type for your barbecue, starting a fire effectively and safely is the next step. It is not recommended to use lighter fluid or gasoline to start a fire, as these not only pose a safety risk, but will taint the taste of the food you are grilling. A BBQ Charcoal Starter Kit is a very simple and effective way to fire-up your charcoal or briquettes, or by using Heat Beads Firelighters.
- Marinade your food – instead of relying solely on BBQ sauce to flavour tenderised meats and food, marinade overnight if possible, but if you don’t have that long, at least let your meat soak for about an hour in your marinade sauce.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal? Choosing the Right One for Your Backyard Barbeque
- FAQ: Can You Use Red Gum Firewood for Grilling?
- Best Wood Options for Kindling
- How to Start Your Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes the Easy Way
- Lump Charcoal or Electric Grill: What Works Best with BBQ?
- Tips on How to Ignite Red Gum Firewood for Your Fireplace
- Best Charcoal Choices for Weekend Spit Roast
- Benefits of Using Heat Beads BBQ Briquettes
- Fuelling your Fireplace: Why Your Choice of Firewood Matters
- How Charcoal Can Affect the Taste of Your Barbeque
- Best Tips on Spit Roasting Using Redgum Firewood
- Most Popular Australian BBQ Meals that is Best Cooked in Lump Charcoal
- Mangrove Charcoal Wood and Burning Qualities
- Why People Like Barbecues: It's All About the Smokey Charcoal Flavor
- Red Gum Firewood for Wood Fired Ovens
- Red Gum Firewood for Campfire Cooking
- 5 Expert Grilling Tips for Barbecue Lovers
- Heat Beads BBQ Starter: Lighting Up Your BBQ Grill the Easy Way
- Mallee Root Charcoal Lump: The Choice for Authentic Smokey Meat Flavour in BBQ Recipes
- From Gas Barbecue Grill to Charcoal Grill: Why Should You Switch?
- Common Mistakes that People Make When Lighting Charcoals
- Sustainable Red Gum Firewood Supplier in Melbourne
- Tips in Lighting Charcoals without Lighter Fluid or Gas
- Qualities that Make Firelighters Safe to Use
- Usage Tips for Mallee Root or Mangrove Charcoal Ovens
- Benefits of Using Red Gum Firewood for your Pizza Oven
- View all articles…